Analysis for 'SpotX'
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 12:53 PM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
New research from SpotX reveals an expected shift in advertising spending from TV to OTT over the next 2 years. The research was conducted by Kagan among 41 U.S. pay-TV operators, OTT providers, content owner and advertisers. Just 11% of advertisers reported spending 21%-40% of their budgets on OTT today, but that’s expected to rise to 67% doing so in 2 years. Meanwhile, 33% said they currently spend 21%-40% on TV, but that’s expected to drop to 22% in the same time frame.
Video Research Around the Web
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter
- 2019’s U.S. TV advertising trends across Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Venture Beat
- Disney+ Has Gotten 22 Million App Downloads In One Month Tubefilter
- IAB Video Streaming Report: Higher Ad Revenue Growth For OTT Platforms, 'Walled Garden' Concerns Mediapost
- TV Industry Suffers Steepest Drop in Ad Sales Since Recession Bloomberg