Analysis for 'CTAM'
Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:28 AM ET|
TV Everywhere (TVE) continues to gain adoption, with research released late last week by Hub Entertainment Research and industry trade group CTAM revealing that 56% of pay-TV subscribers watched TVE content in the past 6 months with 51% saying they watched in the past month. According to CTAM, all of the top pay-TV operators, 400 smaller independent cable operators and 100+ networks now deliver TVE content.
Categories: TV Everywhere
Thursday, August 4, 2011, 7:42 PM ET|Daisy Whitney and I are pleased to present the 107th edition of the VideoNuze Report podcast, for August 5, 2011.
In this week's podcast, Daisy and I discuss research released earlier this week by CTAM and Nielsen which found, among other things, that 85% of video app users are watching the same or more regularly scheduled TV. In addition, the research found that around 75% of video app usage on mobile devices actually occurs in the home. Daisy and I talk about the implications of the research, and additional data points we've seen that reinforce its conclusions.
Click here to listen to the podcast (11 minutes, 13 seconds)
Click here for previous podcasts
The VideoNuze Report is available in iTunes...subscribe today!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 9:33 AM ET|For those fearing that video consumption through mobile and connected devices threatens to disrupt traditional linear TV viewership, a new study suggests it's not happening en masse, at least not yet. The study, fielded by Nielsen and the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) indicates that 85% of video app users are watching the same or more regularly scheduled TV. There's no trend data however, so it's not clear how the amount compares to a year or two ago.
Further good news is that video apps appear to be adding value to TV programs and TV networks. As the below graphic shows, 46% of video app users report more engagement with the program/network, 35% report more visits to the program/network web site, and 37% report watching more associated programs or networks.
Video Research Around the Web
- ESPN Most Valuable Net to Cable Operators: Survey Multichannel News
- YouTube Usage Soars Nearly 30% Mediapost
- Connected-TV Ad Spend Accelerating Mediapost
- Ad Spend Across YouTube, Facebook Set To Reach $37 Billion By 2022 Tubefilter
- In their battle against big cable, YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV have signed up hundreds of thousands of subscribers CNBC
- Facebook Watch a Hit? Study Finds 40% of Users Tune In to Video Weekly Variety
- Consumer Spending on Streaming Services to Reach $19.5B Multichannel News
- Facebook beats YouTube and TV as best place to launch new ad campaign in survey of ad buyers CNBC