Analysis for 'CTAM'
Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:28 AM ET|
TV Everywhere (TVE) continues to gain adoption, with research released late last week by Hub Entertainment Research and industry trade group CTAM revealing that 56% of pay-TV subscribers watched TVE content in the past 6 months with 51% saying they watched in the past month. According to CTAM, all of the top pay-TV operators, 400 smaller independent cable operators and 100+ networks now deliver TVE content.
Categories: TV Everywhere
Thursday, August 4, 2011, 7:42 PM ET|Daisy Whitney and I are pleased to present the 107th edition of the VideoNuze Report podcast, for August 5, 2011.
In this week's podcast, Daisy and I discuss research released earlier this week by CTAM and Nielsen which found, among other things, that 85% of video app users are watching the same or more regularly scheduled TV. In addition, the research found that around 75% of video app usage on mobile devices actually occurs in the home. Daisy and I talk about the implications of the research, and additional data points we've seen that reinforce its conclusions.
Click here to listen to the podcast (11 minutes, 13 seconds)
Click here for previous podcasts
The VideoNuze Report is available in iTunes...subscribe today!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 9:33 AM ET|For those fearing that video consumption through mobile and connected devices threatens to disrupt traditional linear TV viewership, a new study suggests it's not happening en masse, at least not yet. The study, fielded by Nielsen and the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) indicates that 85% of video app users are watching the same or more regularly scheduled TV. There's no trend data however, so it's not clear how the amount compares to a year or two ago.
Further good news is that video apps appear to be adding value to TV programs and TV networks. As the below graphic shows, 46% of video app users report more engagement with the program/network, 35% report more visits to the program/network web site, and 37% report watching more associated programs or networks.
Video Research Around the Web
- Fire TV Users Queried Alexa Nearly Half a Billion Times Last Year Variety
- Next year, people will spend more time online than they will watching TV. That’s a first. Recode
- Study: 74% of U.S. TV Homes Have at Least One Connected TV Device Multichannel News
- Slower TV Upfront Activity, Networks Worry About Reach Mediapost
- OTT Revenues Retain High Growth, But Slow Pace Mediapost
- Roku Retains Edge in Streaming Player Market Multichannel News
- YouTube Crushes Facebook Among Teens B&C
- Majority Of Ad Execs Plan Converged TV/Video, But Buy It Separately Mediapost