Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Is No. 1 Choice for TV Viewing, Beating Broadcast, Cable and YouTube (Study) Variety
- Forecast: Netflix Could Grow To Nearly 90 Million Subs In 12 Years Mediapost
- NBCU Holds Top TV Ad Share For 2017-2018 Season Mediapost
- Study: 85% of U.S. Millennials Subscribe to At Least One OTT Video Service Multichannel News
- Survey reveals how Netflix freeloaders enjoy the site for free BGR
- Fire TV Users Queried Alexa Nearly Half a Billion Times Last Year Variety
- Next year, people will spend more time online than they will watching TV. That’s a first. Recode
- Study: 74% of U.S. TV Homes Have at Least One Connected TV Device Multichannel News