Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- Almost 500 Scripted Shows Aired in 2018, But We Still Haven’t Hit Peak TV Vulture
- Apple TV grows in popularity and passes more affordable Google & Roku options, data shows 9to5 Mac
- Amazon Touts ‘Thursday Night Football’ Total Viewers Up 22% to 14.7 Million in First Seven Weeks Variety
- GroupM’s State of Video Lays Out New Battleground For Attention AdExchanger
- Majority of Americans Think Cable TV Has Become "Unaffordable" The Hollywood Reporter
- Shorter TV Ads Command More Viewer Attention Mediapost
- YouTube To Net $3.4 Billion In U.S. Ad Revenues This Year (Study) Tubefilter
- Netflix Eats Up 15% of All Internet Downstream Traffic Worldwide (Study) Variety