Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- ESPN Most Valuable Net to Cable Operators: Survey Multichannel News
- Advertisers Tuning Out TV in Sign of Trouble for Media Companies Bloomberg
- YouTube Usage Soars Nearly 30% Mediapost
- Connected-TV Ad Spend Accelerating Mediapost
- Ad Spend Across YouTube, Facebook Set To Reach $37 Billion By 2022 Tubefilter
- In their battle against big cable, YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV have signed up hundreds of thousands of subscribers CNBC
- Facebook Watch a Hit? Study Finds 40% of Users Tune In to Video Weekly Variety
- Consumer Spending on Streaming Services to Reach $19.5B Multichannel News