Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- Magna: OTT Will Reach $2 Billion In 2018 AdExchanger
- Amazon becoming 3rd-biggest digital ad platform Axios
- YouTube: TV Screen Viewing Up 45% Multichannel News
- C3 Primetime Ratings Dropped 12% During August Multichannel News
- 35% Of Millennials and 42% Of Gen Z Share Their Streaming Service Passwords Tubefilter
- Connected TV Ad Spend Poised To Hit $8.2 Billion In 2018 Mediapost
- As Netflix surges, original content is the new black. But licensed shows still take the crown LA Times
- YouTube is about to pass Facebook as the second biggest website in US, according to new study CNBC