Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- Top U.S. Pay TV Providers Lost 405K Subs in Q3: Analyst Multichannel News
- People watch Netflix unabashedly at work (and in public toilets, too) Quartz
- Streaming Tech Reaches Third Of Universe, Eroding 'Traditional TV' Viewing Mediapost
- NPD: 57% of Smartphone Users Stream Video Home Media
- Millennials Aren't Shunning TV Sports Multichannel News
- Library Content Drives Streaming Service Subscriptions Mediapost
- IHS: Scripted TV Production Declines Home Media
- Netflix Audience Older, Wealthier and Male Home Media