Analysis for 'Business'
Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 11:45 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
We’re all consuming more and more video in our personal lives, so it’s no surprise that businesses are realizing that they too should be using video to connect with target audiences in multiple ways. To get a better sense of how businesses are scaling up their video efforts, Wistia, a platform for business videos, released its first “State of Video for Business” report.
Wistia has over 300,000 business customers in 50 countries which uploaded 6.7 million videos so far in 2017 totaling nearly 60 million minutes. Total minutes uploaded have increased from 18.1 million in Q1 to 21.3 million in Q3. There are lots of different internal and external ways that businesses use video these days, and in Wistia’s gallery, 5 main categories are identified with examples of each: Marketing, Support, Sales, HR/Culture and Product.
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Licensed Content Generates 80% of U.S. Viewing, Study Finds Variety
- US TV Ad Spending to Fall in 2018 eMarketer
- Viacom Ad Revs Forecast To Drop, Will Rely On vMVPDs Mediapost
- YouTube just became the Top Grossing iPhone app for the first time TechCrunch
- Stream Nation: U.S. Consumers Spend $2 Billion Monthly on Streaming Video Services Variety
- 20% of Broadband Homes Now Get TV Via Antenna DSL Reports
- All ‘Major’ TV Networks to Launch OTT, Direct-to-Consumer Services by 2022: TDG Multichannel News
- How The 300x250 Became The Most Common - And Fraudulent - 'Video' Ad Unit Mediapost