Analysis for 'BlackArrow'
Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Thursday, November 17, 2011, 9:50 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondOver the past several years, as more networks have begun delivering their TV programs for free online, a pressing question has been how "heavy" an ad load is appropriate to include. Too many unskippable ads and the viewer could be turned off to the new medium; too few and the network would undermine its own P&L as viewing behavior shifts online (see my post quantifying these risks). While it's still too early to know precisely where to strike the balance, new research released yesterday indicates viewers' acceptance of heavier ad loads in on-demand programs is actually quite high.
Video Research Around the Web
- OTT Moves Beyond ‘Early Adopter’ Phase as 45-60 Set Becomes New Battleground Multichannel News
- Streamers Make More Shows But Cancel Sooner, Study Finds The Hollywood Reporter
- vMVPD Users Definitely Not Cord Nevers - Only 15% Previously Had No Pay TV Multichannel News
- Direct Video Ad Deals Soar Mediapost
- GroupM Predicts Streaming Will Have 'Gradual' Impact On TV Advertisers Mediapost
- YouTube is Responsible for 37% of All Mobile Internet Traffic Statista
- Netflix’s Cindy Holland Says Subscribers Watch an Average of Two Hours a Day Variety
- Hulu, YouTube Snare 3 Million Customers for Live TV Bloomberg