Analysis for 'mDialog'
VideoNuze Podcast #168 - Akamai's New Cloud-Based Ad Insertion; Video Guides Improve With Dijit and FanhattanFriday, February 22, 2013, 9:28 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 168th edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Today we start by discussing Akamai's new Ad Integration Services, which enables cloud-based video ad insertion, in partnership with mDialog.
This approach has multiple benefits including improving the user experience which extends view times. Colin notes that recent data from Conviva, for example, shows that a 1% increase in buffering results in 8 minutes of lost viewing time, which in turn means a loss of 2 ad breaks. Conviva estimates in 2012 this adds up to $2.2 billion in lost ad revenue globally, and by 2017, it could be $20 billion. Clearly improving the viewer experience has a significant payoff.
We then transition to talking about improvements in video discovery. Colin shares takeaways from his interview this week with Jeremy Toeman, CEO of Dijit (Next Guide), which recently acquired Miso. And I share observations on the new web version of Fanhattan, which launched in beta yesterday.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (19 minutes, 50 seconds)
Video Research Around the Web
- Tubi Says Streaming Rose 58% In 2020, With Half Of Viewers Younger Than 35 Deadline
- U.S. SVOD Revenue Spiked 39% in Q3 to $5.5 Billion Next TV
- What Are Consumers Willing To Pay For Ad-Free TV Content? Mediapost
- What Streaming Wars? Five Services Control 83% of Connected TV Viewing Next TV
- PwC Study: Global Media, Entertainment Revenues To Sink 5.6% in 2020 Mediapost
- What the world watched in a day Think with Google
- U.S. Streaming Minutes Up 85% From Late March Through Early June Mediapost
- Two-Thirds Of Ad Execs Anticipate Lower 2021 Ad Budgets Due To Pandemic Mediapost