VideoNuze-TDG Podcast #154 - Explaining YouTube's Declining Market Share; Update on Nordic OTT ActivityFriday, November 2, 2012, 9:36 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 154th edition of the VideoNuze-TDG podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon, senior analyst at The Diffusion Group. This week finds Colin in Copenhagen, in the middle of the Nordic region which is seeing a lot of OTT activity from Netflix, HBO Nordic and others. Colin provides an update on what he's learned.
In addition, we discuss YouTube's declining market share, which in September stood at 33.2%, down from 53.1% as recently as July. I delved deeply into all of the year-over-year data this past Monday. Colin adds another dimension to the analysis, saying that this reflects a shift away from viewing short clips, toward longer-form viewing.
Click here to listen to the podcast (20 minutes, 8 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- IAB: video driving all-time high in digital ad spend The Drum
- 46% Of U.S. Broadband Households Now Subscribe To Multiple OTT Services Mediapost
- Survey: Streamers Now Access Two-Third of Their Video Online Multichannel News
- 'Platform Surfing': 74% Of Connected Device/Smart TV Users Stream; 44% Switch Between Streaming, Linear TV Mediapost
- Netflix Extends Lead in U.K. Amid Boom in Subscription Streaming Services Variety
- YouTube Videos Featuring Young Children Get Triple The Views Of Videos That Don’t (Study) Tubefilter
- Roku and Amazon Now Control Nearly 70% of U.S. Streaming Media Player Market Multichannel News
- Americans Want to Pay $21 for All Their Streaming Services Combined, Poll Finds The Hollywood Reporter