VideoNuze-TDG Podcast #154 - Explaining YouTube's Declining Market Share; Update on Nordic OTT ActivityFriday, November 2, 2012, 9:36 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 154th edition of the VideoNuze-TDG podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon, senior analyst at The Diffusion Group. This week finds Colin in Copenhagen, in the middle of the Nordic region which is seeing a lot of OTT activity from Netflix, HBO Nordic and others. Colin provides an update on what he's learned.
In addition, we discuss YouTube's declining market share, which in September stood at 33.2%, down from 53.1% as recently as July. I delved deeply into all of the year-over-year data this past Monday. Colin adds another dimension to the analysis, saying that this reflects a shift away from viewing short clips, toward longer-form viewing.
Click here to listen to the podcast (20 minutes, 8 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Tubi Says Streaming Rose 58% In 2020, With Half Of Viewers Younger Than 35 Deadline
- U.S. SVOD Revenue Spiked 39% in Q3 to $5.5 Billion Next TV
- What Are Consumers Willing To Pay For Ad-Free TV Content? Mediapost
- What Streaming Wars? Five Services Control 83% of Connected TV Viewing Next TV
- PwC Study: Global Media, Entertainment Revenues To Sink 5.6% in 2020 Mediapost
- What the world watched in a day Think with Google
- U.S. Streaming Minutes Up 85% From Late March Through Early June Mediapost
- Two-Thirds Of Ad Execs Anticipate Lower 2021 Ad Budgets Due To Pandemic Mediapost