Friday, December 11, 2009, 7:47 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Daisy Whitney and I are pleased to present the 43rd edition of the VideoNuze Report podcast, for December 11, 2009.
This week Daisy kicks us off, discussing key trends to look for from early adopters online in 2010, based on her recent interview with Bill Tancer, the author of Click, and the head of research at Hitwise. The insights may surprise you. Daisy also discusses what sites are heating up and tools that are available to help you detect trends yourself.
Then I dig into further detail on my post from yesterday, "Lack of Viewership Data Could Stall TV Everywhere," in which I outline concerns cable TV networks have regarding Nielsen's current inability to measure online viewership of TV programs. Until this is fixed, many networks will be reluctant to provide their primetime programs to TV Everywhere providers as they won't receive ratings credit for programs viewed online. If online viewership were to cannibalize on-air viewing, networks' ratings-based advertising revenues would suffer. Listen in to learn more.
Click here to listen to the podcast (14 minutes, 25 seconds)
Click here for previous podcasts
The VideoNuze Report is available in iTunes...subscribe today!
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Disney+ Sees Sharply Rising Purchase Intent, Other Streamers Virtually Flat Mediapost
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter
- 2019’s U.S. TV advertising trends across Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Venture Beat
- Disney+ Has Gotten 22 Million App Downloads In One Month Tubefilter
- IAB Video Streaming Report: Higher Ad Revenue Growth For OTT Platforms, 'Walled Garden' Concerns Mediapost