Thursday, November 10, 2011, 9:24 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondTaboola's video recommendation widget is now placed on pages of content publisher web sites reaching over 64 million U.S. unique users per month, according to Quantcast data. Adam Singolda, Taboola's CEO explained that the 64 million amount means Taboola's exposure is ahead of the uniques at popular sites like Bing, Pandora and CNET, and just behind Twitter, Wikipedia and Amazon, again, according to Quantcast data (see chart below).
Admittedly, it's a little bit of an apples vs. oranges comparison, because the other sites are destinations, whereas Taboola's model is to place its widget (which typically contains 4-5 thumbnail images of recommended videos) on the sites of 3rd-party content publishers, such as NY Times, Bloomberg, USAToday and others. Still, the 64 million means that Taboola's video recommendations widget is clearly being accepted by more publishers, who are implementing it on more well-trafficked pages of their sites.
Taboola's widget can provide recommendations of the content providers' own videos and/or those of other providers. Results are based on Taboola's "EngageRank" analysis of the user's behaviors (with both video and text content) plus the video's individual characteristics. In the past Adam has told me that in side-by-side testing with alternative recommendation approaches, Taboola has achieved 250% higher views. Video discovery and recommendations are a critical part of the ecosystem since number of views directly translates into higher monetization. As Taboola's distribution success is showing, solutions that work are in strong demand.
Related Research Coverage
See additional research »
Video Research Around the Web
- Number Of TV Channels Received By U.S. Households Falls Dramatically Mediapost
- Average U.S. Broadband Consumer's Monthly Data Use Surged 27% in 2019 to 340 GB Multichannel News
- Half of U.S. Consumers Say Disney Plus Is ‘As Good As’ Netflix Variety
- Disney+ Sees Sharply Rising Purchase Intent, Other Streamers Virtually Flat Mediapost
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter