Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 9:41 AM ET|Posted by Jose Alvear
Video analytics provider BrandAds has released a survey showing that 60% of advertisers believe they can’t adequately measure the impact of their online video ad campaigns using currently available data and tools.
More than 50% of those surveyed also said that existing online video measurement tools are too expensive and create too much operational overhead. Over 80% said they must wait more than 24 hours before getting campaign data results, making it almost impossible to make real-time changes.
The survey also revealed a high dependency on display ad metrics, even though these aren't considered satisfactory, with 87% of respondents relying on impressions and 83% on clicks. However, over 75% of respondents said they also want to measure metrics like viewability and brand lift for their campaigns.
Trust is also an issue for advertisers, with 88% of respondents preferring data from a 3rd party for campaign measurement. At the bottom of the trust scale were ad networks, with just 3% of respondents saying that they trust the campaign measurement data that networks provide.
BrandAds surveyed 106 agency and brand professionals in September and October of 2013, 90% of whom worked at either media or creative agencies with 10% at brands.
BrandAds is a startup whose BrandAds Bridge analytics solution measures the effectiveness of video ad campaigns in real-time for all screens based on direct audience measurement. Advertisers can compare their campaigns' effectiveness by publisher, ad network or creative.
The full survey results are available here.
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter
- 2019’s U.S. TV advertising trends across Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Venture Beat
- Disney+ Has Gotten 22 Million App Downloads In One Month Tubefilter
- IAB Video Streaming Report: Higher Ad Revenue Growth For OTT Platforms, 'Walled Garden' Concerns Mediapost
- TV Industry Suffers Steepest Drop in Ad Sales Since Recession Bloomberg