Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 9:41 AM ET|Posted by Jose Alvear
Video analytics provider BrandAds has released a survey showing that 60% of advertisers believe they can’t adequately measure the impact of their online video ad campaigns using currently available data and tools.
More than 50% of those surveyed also said that existing online video measurement tools are too expensive and create too much operational overhead. Over 80% said they must wait more than 24 hours before getting campaign data results, making it almost impossible to make real-time changes.
The survey also revealed a high dependency on display ad metrics, even though these aren't considered satisfactory, with 87% of respondents relying on impressions and 83% on clicks. However, over 75% of respondents said they also want to measure metrics like viewability and brand lift for their campaigns.
Trust is also an issue for advertisers, with 88% of respondents preferring data from a 3rd party for campaign measurement. At the bottom of the trust scale were ad networks, with just 3% of respondents saying that they trust the campaign measurement data that networks provide.
BrandAds surveyed 106 agency and brand professionals in September and October of 2013, 90% of whom worked at either media or creative agencies with 10% at brands.
BrandAds is a startup whose BrandAds Bridge analytics solution measures the effectiveness of video ad campaigns in real-time for all screens based on direct audience measurement. Advertisers can compare their campaigns' effectiveness by publisher, ad network or creative.
The full survey results are available here.
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Time Spent Streaming Spiked 20% Worldwide This Past Weekend Bloomberg
- Number Of TV Channels Received By U.S. Households Falls Dramatically Mediapost
- Average U.S. Broadband Consumer's Monthly Data Use Surged 27% in 2019 to 340 GB Multichannel News
- Half of U.S. Consumers Say Disney Plus Is ‘As Good As’ Netflix Variety
- Disney+ Sees Sharply Rising Purchase Intent, Other Streamers Virtually Flat Mediapost
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News