Study: Click-Through Rate for In-Stream Video Ads is Four Times Higher Than for Rich Media and MobileTuesday, May 14, 2013, 9:21 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
The click-through rate for in-stream video ads served by PointRoll in 2012 was .62%, four times higher than for mobile ads (.15%) and rich media ads (.14%) served. The data is part of a new benchmark study comparing 2012 ad performance to 2011. The interaction rate for in-stream video ads was 5.7%, compared with 4% for rich media and .96% for mobile.
PointRoll also found that nearly 68% of in-stream video ads were watched 100% through to completion vs. 40% for mobile and nearly 23% for rich media. Interactive in-stream ads performed better than standard in-stream ads in both click-through rate and completion. Of 11 different types of sites measured, Kids and Family sites drove the best click-through rate for in-stream video at 1.9%. In-stream video ads that ran on business and finance sites had a 77% rate of 100% completion, the highest of all sites.
The benchmark study is based on 2 billion video ads impressions and 55 billion rich media impressions. It is available here.
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Again Blows Past HBO, Others as No. 1 Pick for ‘Best Original Programming,’ Survey Finds Variety
- Cord-Cutting Got 75% Worse in Q1, Most Terrible Quarter Ever for Pay TV Multichannel News
- Many 4KTV Owners Don't Use Advanced Content Features Mediapost
- OTT Moves Beyond ‘Early Adopter’ Phase as 45-60 Set Becomes New Battleground Multichannel News
- Streamers Make More Shows But Cancel Sooner, Study Finds The Hollywood Reporter
- vMVPD Users Definitely Not Cord Nevers - Only 15% Previously Had No Pay TV Multichannel News
- Direct Video Ad Deals Soar Mediapost
- GroupM Predicts Streaming Will Have 'Gradual' Impact On TV Advertisers Mediapost