Study: Click-Through Rate for In-Stream Video Ads is Four Times Higher Than for Rich Media and MobileTuesday, May 14, 2013, 9:21 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
The click-through rate for in-stream video ads served by PointRoll in 2012 was .62%, four times higher than for mobile ads (.15%) and rich media ads (.14%) served. The data is part of a new benchmark study comparing 2012 ad performance to 2011. The interaction rate for in-stream video ads was 5.7%, compared with 4% for rich media and .96% for mobile.
PointRoll also found that nearly 68% of in-stream video ads were watched 100% through to completion vs. 40% for mobile and nearly 23% for rich media. Interactive in-stream ads performed better than standard in-stream ads in both click-through rate and completion. Of 11 different types of sites measured, Kids and Family sites drove the best click-through rate for in-stream video at 1.9%. In-stream video ads that ran on business and finance sites had a 77% rate of 100% completion, the highest of all sites.
The benchmark study is based on 2 billion video ads impressions and 55 billion rich media impressions. It is available here.
Video Research Around the Web
- Disney+ Sees Sharply Rising Purchase Intent, Other Streamers Virtually Flat Mediapost
- TiVo Research: Smart TVs Deliver the Fastest Search and Discovery Multichannel News
- Disney Plus mobile app downloads hit nearly 41M, study says CNET
- Ad Execs Plan to Spend More on ESPN, HGTV Multichannel News
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter
- 2019’s U.S. TV advertising trends across Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Venture Beat
- Disney+ Has Gotten 22 Million App Downloads In One Month Tubefilter
- IAB Video Streaming Report: Higher Ad Revenue Growth For OTT Platforms, 'Walled Garden' Concerns Mediapost