Analysis for 'Online Publishers'
Thursday, February 17, 2011, 9:42 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondU.S. newspapers uploaded approximately 2.4 million videos in 2010, more than 3x the volume of the next-closest industry verticals of broadcast and online media, according to the latest "online video & the media industry" report from Brightcove and TubeMogul for Q4 '10. Newspapers uploaded 1.2 million titles in Q4 alone, a 147% increase in volume over Q3. The accelerating trend suggests newspapers are deepening their commitment to online video as a way of boosting online engagement and increasing ad revenue. The new data also seems to offset recent news that newspapers are reducing their involvement with online video.
« Previous | Next »
See additional research »
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Licensed Content Generates 80% of U.S. Viewing, Study Finds Variety
- US TV Ad Spending to Fall in 2018 eMarketer
- Viacom Ad Revs Forecast To Drop, Will Rely On vMVPDs Mediapost
- YouTube just became the Top Grossing iPhone app for the first time TechCrunch
- Stream Nation: U.S. Consumers Spend $2 Billion Monthly on Streaming Video Services Variety
- 20% of Broadband Homes Now Get TV Via Antenna DSL Reports
- All ‘Major’ TV Networks to Launch OTT, Direct-to-Consumer Services by 2022: TDG Multichannel News
- How The 300x250 Became The Most Common - And Fraudulent - 'Video' Ad Unit Mediapost