Analysis for 'Online Publishers'
Thursday, February 17, 2011, 9:42 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondU.S. newspapers uploaded approximately 2.4 million videos in 2010, more than 3x the volume of the next-closest industry verticals of broadcast and online media, according to the latest "online video & the media industry" report from Brightcove and TubeMogul for Q4 '10. Newspapers uploaded 1.2 million titles in Q4 alone, a 147% increase in volume over Q3. The accelerating trend suggests newspapers are deepening their commitment to online video as a way of boosting online engagement and increasing ad revenue. The new data also seems to offset recent news that newspapers are reducing their involvement with online video.
« Previous | Next »
See additional research »
Video Research Around the Web
- You'd happily share passwords for Netflix, HBO and more, despite risk CNET
- Netflix usage surpassed cable and satellite TV for the first time in 2018 BGR
- Ratings bombshell: In two years, network TV demos plummeted 27 percent AdAge
- Nielsen: 16M U.S. homes now get TV over-the-air, a 48% increase over past 8 years TechCrunch
- Roku Soars After Reporting 68% Jump in Streaming Hours The Street
- Almost 500 Scripted Shows Aired in 2018, But We Still Haven’t Hit Peak TV Vulture
- Apple TV grows in popularity and passes more affordable Google & Roku options, data shows 9to5 Mac
- Amazon Touts ‘Thursday Night Football’ Total Viewers Up 22% to 14.7 Million in First Seven Weeks Variety