Analysis for 'Online Publishers'
Thursday, February 17, 2011, 9:42 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondU.S. newspapers uploaded approximately 2.4 million videos in 2010, more than 3x the volume of the next-closest industry verticals of broadcast and online media, according to the latest "online video & the media industry" report from Brightcove and TubeMogul for Q4 '10. Newspapers uploaded 1.2 million titles in Q4 alone, a 147% increase in volume over Q3. The accelerating trend suggests newspapers are deepening their commitment to online video as a way of boosting online engagement and increasing ad revenue. The new data also seems to offset recent news that newspapers are reducing their involvement with online video.
« Previous | Next »
See additional research »
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Is No. 1 Choice for TV Viewing, Beating Broadcast, Cable and YouTube (Study) Variety
- Forecast: Netflix Could Grow To Nearly 90 Million Subs In 12 Years Mediapost
- NBCU Holds Top TV Ad Share For 2017-2018 Season Mediapost
- Study: 85% of U.S. Millennials Subscribe to At Least One OTT Video Service Multichannel News
- Survey reveals how Netflix freeloaders enjoy the site for free BGR
- Fire TV Users Queried Alexa Nearly Half a Billion Times Last Year Variety
- Next year, people will spend more time online than they will watching TV. That’s a first. Recode
- Study: 74% of U.S. TV Homes Have at Least One Connected TV Device Multichannel News