Analysis for 'Commerce'
Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 11:08 AM ET|
Here’s an eye-opening data point: according to new research from Brightcove, 46% of respondents said they made a purchase as a result of watching a branded video on social media (with 53% of U.S. respondents doing so). And another 32% of respondents said they considered doing so. The data shows the increasing importance of social media as an influential platform for marketers and the power of branded videos - as opposed to conventional 15 or 30-second ads - as a key purchase motivator.
With marketers increasingly concerned about ROI on their spending and consequently shifting dollars into digital media, the research only magnifies the challenge TV networks face in retaining advertisers’ allegiance.
Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 10:51 PM ET|
Digital purchases of movies in the U.S. boomed in 2014, to $1.55 billion, up 30% from $1.19 billion in 2013, according to new data from the Digital Entertainment Group. However, the $360 million increase was more than offset by a decline in purchases of physical movies (DVD and Blu-ray) of $844 million in 2014, to $6.93 billion, an 11% drop. In fact, as the chart below shows, physical sales have declined by over $2 billion since 2011 when they were nearly $9 billion.
Thursday, October 24, 2013, 5:34 PM ET|
Score another win for the importance of authenticity in video: newly released data from EXPO shows that in a test program when consumer generated video product reviews were placed on the relevant product pages in a major e-commerce site, they drove a 30% increase in site revenue for those products.
The test covered 8 different household and beauty products from Reckitt Benckiser Group such as Lysol, Airwick, Clearasil which were being sold on an undisposed retailer's commerce site. Sales for the products during the test period of June, 2013 were compared to June, 2012, adjusting for any that were discontinued or newly launched. The product review videos were supplied by consumer's using EXPO's platform.
Video Research Around the Web
- Library Content Drives Streaming Service Subscriptions Mediapost
- IHS: Scripted TV Production Declines Home Media
- Netflix Audience Older, Wealthier and Male Home Media
- ‘Narcos’ Is the Most Popular Show On Netflix Tubefilter
- Broadcast networks' premiere week ratings take a hit as viewers watch on delay LA Times
- TiVo: Connected Blu-ray Disc Player Ownership Still Trumps Roku, Google, Amazon, Apple Devices Home Media
- 'Handmaid's Tale' Helps Boost Hulu Subscriber Sign-Ups The Hollywood Reporter
- UHD's Breakout Year? Home Media