Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- NBC Triples Live-Streaming Olympics Viewership From 2014 Mediapost
- ESPN Most Valuable Net to Cable Operators: Survey Multichannel News
- Advertisers Tuning Out TV in Sign of Trouble for Media Companies Bloomberg
- YouTube Usage Soars Nearly 30% Mediapost
- Connected-TV Ad Spend Accelerating Mediapost
- Ad Spend Across YouTube, Facebook Set To Reach $37 Billion By 2022 Tubefilter
- In their battle against big cable, YouTube TV and Hulu with Live TV have signed up hundreds of thousands of subscribers CNBC
- Facebook Watch a Hit? Study Finds 40% of Users Tune In to Video Weekly Variety