Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Quickly Becoming First Choice For Consumers Multichannel News
- Digital Star Popularity Grows Versus Mainstream Celebrities Variety
- Study: Streaming Video Third-Most-Popular Online Activity Home Media Magazine
- Study: 59% Watch Mobile TV Multichannel News
- Netflix Preferred Over TV Nets Across Multiple Demos, Study Finds Variety
- More evidence of a video boom at Facebook Digiday
- Password Sharing: Are Netflix, HBO Missing $500 Million by Not Cracking Down? Variety
- Adobe Q2 Report: Facebook Beats Google/YouTube at Getting You to Click on Ads Social Times