Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Roku Tops U.S. Streaming Device Sales: Study Multichannel News
- Nielsen: 73% of Consumers Still Buy or Rent Movies and TV shows Home Media Magazine
- Top U.S. ISPs Added 360K Broadband Subs in Q2: LRG Multichannel News
- Report: Digital Consumers Still Buying Discs Home Media Magazine
- Summer-TV Watchers Abandon Cable Shows WSJ
- Acorn TV Streaming Service Tops 150,000 Subscribers Home Media Magazine
- Viewability Crashes, Drops To 44% Mediapost
- OTT Video: It's a Generational Thing Home Media Magazine