Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Facebook Watch a Hit? Study Finds 40% of Users Tune In to Video Weekly Variety
- Consumer Spending on Streaming Services to Reach $19.5B Multichannel News
- Facebook beats YouTube and TV as best place to launch new ad campaign in survey of ad buyers CNBC
- Amazon Echo owners spend more on average than Prime members Fast Company
- Netflix vs. cable: Subscribers are neck and neck now, says PwC Fast Company
- 20% of YouTube’s Top Trending Videos of 2017 Are Ads Adweek
- 2017 was the year digital ad spending finally beat TV Recode
- Facebook, Google Leading to Internet Domination of Advertising The Hollywood Reporter