Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Live OTT Viewing Expected to Eclipse Broadcast TV in Five Years: Survey Multichannel News
- DVR dead, live TV dying among the young nScreenMedia
- Analyst Predicts Bleak Future for Traditional Media B&C
- SVOD Impact: Some Declines In Traditional TV Mediapost
- Netflix reaches 75% of US streaming service viewers, but YouTube is catching up TechCrunch
- Only 8% of college students don't have Netflix, and that's a great sign for the company's future Business Insider
- One in five Facebook videos is Live as it seizes the verb TechCrunch
- Roku leading the way in streaming TV boxes, with fireTV, Chromecast & Apple TV following 9to5Google