Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Study: Most Virtual MVPD Subs Pleased With Value Multichannel News
- OTT Growth Helped By Connected TV Mediapost
- TV sets are starting to disappear from American homes Recode
- Videology Q2 2017 Report Finds Advanced TV Ad Spending Grew 150% Quarter Over Quarter Press Release
- eMarketer’s 2017 forecast puts Roku ahead of Chromecast and others in the U.S. TechCrunch
- C3 Viewership Decline Steepens; Down Double Digits In Q2 Mediapost
- Analyst Sees 31M Homes Cutting Cord in Decade B&C
- Strong TV Upfront Gains, Revenues Hit $19.7B Mediapost