Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Millennials Still Watch New TV Shows, Just Much Later And On Hulu Instead Of Live TV Tubefilter
- Following The Launch Of Its Ad-Free Tier, Hulu Breaks Into The Top 10 Apps By Revenue TechCrunch
- More than half of Americans now watch Netflix Quartz
- AOL survey: Most brands are bringing programmatic video buying in-house Digiday
- TV-Connected Devices Bring Consumers Together in the Living Room Nielsen blog
- TV Consumers Complain Of Too Many TV Apps Mediapost
- Millennials don't actually watch the news Tech Insider
- Netflix Dominating SVOD Down Under Home Media Magazine