Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Study: Netflix Integration Good for Pay TV Biz Multichannel News
- 81% of U.S. Homes Have DVR, Netflix or Use VOD Multichannel News
- With 318 Million Monthly Viewers, BroadbandTV Tops Comscore’s Network Rankings Tubefilter
- Digital TV Viewers Gain Momentum, But Traditional TV Still Dominates Mediapost
- IHS: "Smart TV" Household Penetration to Reach 50% by 2019 Home Media Magazine
- Discovery is getting 60 million Facebook video views per month Digiday
- Amazon Prime Video Streaming Hours Doubled in Fourth Quarter Home Media Magazine
- Facebook Was Game-Changer For 2015 Branded Video Campaigns Mediapost