Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Netflix Licensed Content Generates 80% of U.S. Viewing, Study Finds Variety
- US TV Ad Spending to Fall in 2018 eMarketer
- Viacom Ad Revs Forecast To Drop, Will Rely On vMVPDs Mediapost
- YouTube just became the Top Grossing iPhone app for the first time TechCrunch
- Stream Nation: U.S. Consumers Spend $2 Billion Monthly on Streaming Video Services Variety
- 20% of Broadband Homes Now Get TV Via Antenna DSL Reports
- All ‘Major’ TV Networks to Launch OTT, Direct-to-Consumer Services by 2022: TDG Multichannel News
- How The 300x250 Became The Most Common - And Fraudulent - 'Video' Ad Unit Mediapost