Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- New Research Shows That In-Stream Video Ads Outperform Preroll Adweek
- Nearly Half of Broadband Consumers Subscribe to a Video OTT Service: Study Multichannel News
- Facebook Says Users Turn to the Platform During Commercial Breaks When They’re Watching TV Adweek
- YouTube Says Esports Tournament Watch Time Has Grown 90% Over Past Year Tubefilter
- Analyst Warns of Possible Recession in TV Ad Market Multichannel News
- TV Screen Dominates Adult Viewing in Q4, Nielsen says Multichannel News
- Netflix Data Reveals Viewers’ Distinct Genre Preferences at Different Times of Day Variety
- Broadcast TV Maintains Media Dominance mediap