Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Library Content Drives Streaming Service Subscriptions Mediapost
- IHS: Scripted TV Production Declines Home Media
- Netflix Audience Older, Wealthier and Male Home Media
- ‘Narcos’ Is the Most Popular Show On Netflix Tubefilter
- Broadcast networks' premiere week ratings take a hit as viewers watch on delay LA Times
- TiVo: Connected Blu-ray Disc Player Ownership Still Trumps Roku, Google, Amazon, Apple Devices Home Media
- 'Handmaid's Tale' Helps Boost Hulu Subscriber Sign-Ups The Hollywood Reporter
- UHD's Breakout Year? Home Media