Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Comcast Tops Netflix ‘ISP Speed Index’ for December Multichannel News
- 70% Of U.S. TV Nets Lost Traditional Pay TV Subscribers Mediapost
- Parks: One-Third of Broadband Homes Have Multiple OTT Video Services Home Media
- Videology Study Finds Demos Still Campaign Key B&C
- TV Viewing Patterns Intensify, Ratings Erode Mediapost
- Magna and GroupM: Digital Will Finally Overtake Linear TV In 2017 AdExchanger
- ABC Would Win an A La Carte Popularity Contest: Study Multichannel News
- Advanced Ad Spending Up 92%: Videology Multichannel News