Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Comcast Keeps Edge in Netflix’s ISP Speed Index Multichannel News
- Mobile Location-Based Video Ads Positioned For Growth In 2017 Mediapost
- BBDO Study Offers Clues For Optimizing The Impact Of Video Mediapost
- 19% Cancel Internet-Connected TV Services, 19% To Add Them Mediapost
- Ad Spending On Local Video To Expand $5B By 2021 Mediapost
- The New Breed Of Cord-Cutter Mediapost
- Video Production, Monetization Are Publishers' Biggest Challenges StreamingMedia.com
- Study: 74% of U.S. Broadband Homes Have an Internet-Connected TV Multichannel News