Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Study: Netflix Integration Good for Pay TV Biz Multichannel News
- 81% of U.S. Homes Have DVR, Netflix or Use VOD Multichannel News
- With 318 Million Monthly Viewers, BroadbandTV Tops Comscore’s Network Rankings Tubefilter
- Digital TV Viewers Gain Momentum, But Traditional TV Still Dominates Mediapost
- IHS: "Smart TV" Household Penetration to Reach 50% by 2019 Home Media Magazine
- Discovery is getting 60 million Facebook video views per month Digiday
- Amazon Prime Video Streaming Hours Doubled in Fourth Quarter Home Media Magazine
- Facebook Was Game-Changer For 2015 Branded Video Campaigns Mediapost