Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Nearly 50% of U.K. Internet Users Stream Netflix Home Media
- Kids' TV Viewing Records Big Declines Mediapost
- Millennials mostly watch TV after it’s aired Recode
- SVOD Viewing Still Surging: Study Multichannel News
- Futuresource: Older Consumers to Drive SVOD Growth Home Media
- Analyst Forecasts 5% Decline in Total TV Advertising Multichannel News
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Poised for Binge-Viewing Pop, Data Indicates Variety
- Study: Most Virtual MVPD Subs Pleased With Value Multichannel News