Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- More People Are Subscribing to Multiple Video Streaming Services Fortune
- Ratings Fumble for NFL Surprises Networks, Advertisers WSJ
- Ad receptivity shines in the AM Rapid TV News
- Digital Short-Form Video Viewership Remains Strong Mediapost
- Cord-Cutting Linked To Pay-TV Dissatisfaction Mediapost
- Live Viewership May Be Down, but TV Content Is Still the Main Thing People Are Streaming Adweek
- YouTube on TV or TV on YouTube? The Blurred Lines of Online Video Consumption Think with Google
- VAB report: TV still strong, especially in cluttered streaming world The Drum