Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Millennials Are Tuning Into Live Online Video—and Live Video Ads OnlineVideo.net
- Internet-Connected TV Viewing Shows Continued Growth Mediapost
- New Netflix Data Reveals When Viewers Commit to TV Shows WSJ
- Upfront/Newfront Effect: High Value, Increased Spending Mediapost
- TDG: Satisfaction With SVOD Driving Millennials Away From Pay TV B&C
- Netflix ‘Monetization Gap’: Streamer Earns Less Per Hour Viewed Than Most TV Networks, Study Finds Variety
- IBC Survey: Consumers Abandoning Shows Due to Costs B&C
- Adobe Says 'TV Everywhere' Making Comeback Home Media