Friday, May 31, 2013, 9:25 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
I'm pleased to present the 182nd edition of the VideoNuze podcast with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. Apologies in advance for audio quality this week as Colin was dialing in from a London hotel room and his audio level is low.
In today's podcast Colin leads off by sharing key takeaways from Cisco's latest Visual Networking Index (VNI) that was released this week. Cisco has been forecasting strong online and mobile video growth for years and this version continued the trend. Colin also wrote about it here.
Then we move on to discussing BlackArrow Linear, a new product announced yesterday that enables pay-TV operators to dynamically inserts ads into live and linear video viewed on devices. Colin and I agree that it should move the TV Everywhere ball forward, helping programmers monetize better and therefore help catalyze broader video distribution.
Listen in to learn more!
Click here to listen to the podcast (16 minutes, 54 seconds)
Related Research Coverage
Video Research Around the Web
- Digital TV Viewing Jumps on Roku, Xbox as Laptops, Apple's IOS Take a Hit: Study The Hollywood Reporter
- NBC: Rio Olympics Live-Streaming Hits 2 Billion Minutes Home Media Magazine
- Top U.S. Pay TV Providers Shed 665K Subs in Q2 Multichannel News
- Olympic Games Provide Global Platform For New Ad Initiatives Mediapost
- Broadband Ups Cable Industry Forecast Home Media Magazine
- DEG Q2 Home Entertainment Report Shows Rebound in Sellthrough Home Media Magazine
- UK and US publishers agree: Video is where the money is Digiday
- Viewers Prefer Live Mobile Video For Rio Olympics Mediapost