Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Video ad technology provider Videology has released an excellent infographic (after the jump below), jam-packed with useful data about Q3 online video advertising spending and performance. The data is based on 1.3 billion video ad impressions served by Videology in the U.S. from July 1 to Sept. 30. I'm normally not a huge fan of infographics, but this one has highly relevant data, presented clearly and concisely.
A few of the data points that jumped out for me:
- Despite the buzz over mobile and connected devices, 90% of video ads were still served online.
- Almost two-thirds of video ad impressions were placed on sites classified as entertainment-oriented (the third quarter in a row this has been the case). A distant second, with 8.4% of video ad impressions were portal sites.
- Educational Services was the category of video ads with the highest click-through rate while Retail ads had the highest viewing completion rate.
- Just 10.1% of video ad impressions were targeted to the tech-savvy 18-24 demo; the majority (63.9%) were targeted to the 25-54 demos.
(If you can't read this version click here for larger one)
Note: Videology is a VideoNuze sponsor.
Video Research Around the Web
- Digital TV Viewing Jumps on Roku, Xbox as Laptops, Apple's IOS Take a Hit: Study The Hollywood Reporter
- NBC: Rio Olympics Live-Streaming Hits 2 Billion Minutes Home Media Magazine
- Top U.S. Pay TV Providers Shed 665K Subs in Q2 Multichannel News
- Olympic Games Provide Global Platform For New Ad Initiatives Mediapost
- Broadband Ups Cable Industry Forecast Home Media Magazine
- DEG Q2 Home Entertainment Report Shows Rebound in Sellthrough Home Media Magazine
- UK and US publishers agree: Video is where the money is Digiday
- Viewers Prefer Live Mobile Video For Rio Olympics Mediapost